dimanche, juin 25, 2006

Sculptures



This large spider is infront of the National Art Gallery. It cost 3.2 million dollars. Hmmm! I think Art is important but I wonder how many starving children would have been fed even within Canada for that amount. I know that sounds trite or cliched but so what? I dont really care what it sounds like, its true. I'm sure my sponsored child in Africa would wonder about how we spend our money, says me who just bought a new car & video camera. But there has to be a balance. We cant stop living just because others are suffering, but we can make better choices.

Also on our tour of Ottawa we saw another sculpture and as we awed at it's grandure the tour guide pointed out that the astrological instrument the man in the sculpture was holding, was upside down. At least the Government didn't decide to spend another $3 million fixing it!

Aucun commentaire: