dimanche, juin 11, 2006

Aussie life!



This is a Kookaburra. It's part of the KingFisher family and is unique to Aus. I had promised Warren that we would see one up at the Gold Coast but none flew by. So I then promised he would see one in Sydney. Well this little guy must have heard my call because he flew right next to us as we stood at the lookout near my sister's. He was a like a model on a photo shoot posing in all kinds of wonderful positions just so Warren could take his photo. It was hilarious.

The next photo is a little controversial. The first flag is the aboriginal flag, & the second is the Australian. There is much debate about the fact that the Australian flag does not represent the Aboriginal people & I tend to agree. I think I'd be a bit upset if I was an original resident of a country whose flag did not represent my people. There's a distinct lack of recognition of all the people that make Australia what it is. I wonder how far we've really come since the days of the White Australia Policy. The policy may have changed but we're a long way from true reconciliaion. There's a really great Australian song called "We are One." This would make a much better National anthem than the Brittish based one we have now. And the sentiment would be much better than what exists now also.

And finally - what's a visit with my nephew without roasting marshmallows in the fire? You may notice the "other" visitors (the spirit orbs) also enjoyed it. My sister's place has quite a bit of paranormal activity. I'm pretty sure two of these visitors are my great Aunt Betty & my Grandmother (her sister) as it was Aunty Betty's birthday on this day. Also Joe's sister & cousin who passed over a few years ago also frequent the place in Spirit form. They let us know they're there by doing things like playing my nephew's toy electric guitar in the cupboard in the middle of the night & making sounds that go bump in the night.

Aucun commentaire: