vendredi, juin 02, 2006

Day 5 in Aus!




Miami beach. . .ok not really but it's the Australian equivalent. This is the Gold Coast, Australia on June 1st the 1st day of winter!! Yes I said winter! The water was 22 degrees, the sun was shining & the locals were cold, the Canadians went swimming. (Well I'm an honorary Canadian, I survived a winter.)

As you can see we had the beach to ourselves due to it being winter & all. It was about 24 degrees out & 22 degrees in. The sun was strong & the waves werent too big so I didnt have to explain to warren's mother how he was rescued by the lifeguards after being dragged out to sea. And I'm not kidding - those measly waves you see in the background are enough to drag you anywhere . . .so Warren found out. But we did swim between the red & yellow flags (the safe & patrolled zone.)

Absolutely beautiful, even for an Ausiie like me who grew up on the beach this is still the most beautiful scene in the world. And yes I did leave that to go to Canada. . . in winter!!! hahaha

Aucun commentaire: