samedi, janvier 21, 2006

Quebec City



So this is myt hotel room in Quebec City. It was very modern & nice. Quebec is about 250kms from Montreal & I was driven there by Don Zeleznik (CEO) and Anita. We had a great time in the car. Very different than riding around with friends. You dont have a conversation with Don without something profound coming out of it. I got a great insight to a great man.

I'm not sure if the people around me realise what a gift to them this person is. I know Anita does. Don's a business genius and has a really big heart. He's like Kerry Packer only much more genuine & caring. So my 2 and a half hour trip was more of a learning session. You soak it up by Osmosis just by being around the guy.

Unfortunately it was dark when we drove to Quebec City & the next day was spent in a hotel conference room. But the little I did see of it was absolutely beautiful. And the hotel had a beautiful indoor garden that spanned the whole hotel. It felt like home because it was the first greenery I'd seen since I got here other than the occasional spruce tree. I spent my lunch break staring at the trees. Sorry for no photo of it but I didnt have my camera.

Quebec is much more French than Montreal, some people dont speak English at all there. I didnt visit the centre because we were offsite but I'm looking forward to going back in a couple of weeks to implement the Improvement Process, despite the language barrier. I'm going to have to go & get French classes soon.

Aucun commentaire: