dimanche, janvier 22, 2006

Dimanche (Sunday)



Yes today is Sunday, and what was I doing? . . .giving a talk to a hundred people of course! Don was giving his Open Book Management speech & had asked me to give real examples of what it was like working for an OBM run company. He also asked for a 10 minute description on CPI (Continuous Process of Improvement.) Well my OBM talk got cut & my 10 minutes turned into 3 but that was ok, I still got to talk.

I really like being on stage. I miss it. Even if it's for training. I like the adrenaline rush & I like reaching people; seeing the lightbulb go on over their head. It made me want to continue my journey toward what my real goal is - reaching people on a much grander scale as a film director. I miss directing. At least I still get a few minutes of what I love by doing what I did today.

The other photos are of my apartment. One is taken from directly outside and shows the street I live in. The 6th building on the far side of the street is work. Yes I can see work from my building. Fortunately I cant see it from my apartment, but I can see the shopping centre across the road from work. . .a much better view.

Now I did tell you that 99% of people in Quebec are bilingual - but what I forgot to mention was that many of them are actually tri-lingual. In the Corporate Office for instance all of them speak French & English but Anita also speaks Italian, Sabine also speaks Arabic, Bruno also speaks Spanish & Susanne also speaks German. I've actually heard a coversation with Anita where she's used all 3 languages in the same converstaion. Almost in the same sentence. That's really cool!!! It inspires me to learn French as quickly as possible, but even then I'll only be a lowly bi-linguist!! hahaha! Unless I can call Australian a different language - and in some cases it is! I mean they dont even have "fortnights" over here - it's Bi-weekly!!

Aucun commentaire: