dimanche, janvier 15, 2006

After shots of apartment





So this is my new pad! I REALLY like it. This weekend was the first opportunity to really sit down & think about what I've done. I suddenly realised that I've just moved country!! No shock to any of you I'm sure. I started to feel a little homesick. Its funny the things you miss. I miss my nephew's chats in the morning when he asks me questions about life. He usually asks questions like "Auntie, what's the difference between electricity & current" usually at about 5 in the morning!! I got my baseball glove out that I played with him just before I left. I felt a sudden jolt of homesickness.

Other things I miss are the food. I cant order my roast dinner from across the road anymore. Food is different here. My body isnt used to it & its really hard to find "normal" stuff. I miss the sun's warmth. Its not the same here, and I miss sitting at my cafe at the beach on a Sunday morning with my brother & sister-in-law. I miss normal supermarkets where you know where everything you need is. All really simple things. It lets you know that sometimes life is just about the simple things & it makes you appreciate them so much more.

Like here I really appreciate the snow. I get excited every time it snows - so much that even my workmates joke about me making a fuss when its snows. It's the most pure thing in the world and it coats everything in beautiful white. It doesnt matter that it gets brown & muddy later. Other things I like are the houses. Architecture is picturesque. You still get your brick boxes, but mostly its whole suburbs of beautiful houses like in a story book. Also people here are much more genuine. I know I've mentioned that before, but I've had such amazing gifts of kindness that it sometimes overwhelms me. Simple things like my friends being thoughtful to buy the tea I like for me.

So its a balance. In order to move forward in life you have to sacrifice some things but then your life opens up to new equally wonderful things. What would my life be if I'd never met these people?

Aucun commentaire: