dimanche, mai 07, 2006

Out to dinner (not out to lunch)





So I wanted to do something to celebrate my new life, with the end of my court case, my compensation coming through and letting go of all the trauma that brought me where I am today. It's always part of me, but now its time to leave the past behind, build & consider the future and live for today.

Until a few days ago - all I'd done with the compensation money was pay off debts. I wasnt feeling very good about it and I didnt know why. So I stopped paying debts & bought something really nice for myself. Seeing as I couldnt get any credit in Canada because your credit history stays in your country of origin, I thought I'd get a really good car and use the loan I still had in Aus to pay for it. So rather than paying it off altogether I just paid cash for my car & left the loan short for what the car cost. So it really feels like I just have a car loan now.

I also went out to dinner with some friends. Unfortunatley Pierina couldn't make it but Lise & Sabine & of course Warren came. And Warren & I went shopping earlier in the day to buy outfits for the occasion.

I have paid most of my debts, I have a new car and I feel richer now than ever before but it has nothing to do with money. I am surrounded by wonderful genuine people, and I have many gifts of true friendship. . .not to mention the fact that Sabine bought me a huge tobelerone chocolate & 2 smaller ones. Now that's rich!!

Aucun commentaire: