dimanche, avril 02, 2006

Architecture




This is at Mont Royal. The large buidling is in the National Park itself and has a big beautiful hall inside. To one corner is a little cafe, but it feels like the hall had many ballroom events in its day. I couldnt find a plaque to tell me the story of the hall but I'll look it up. There was a thing about Royalty who visited in the early 1900s, but not much about the building itself. Behind me is the city.

The middle photo is a typical house in the Mont Royal area. Its a bit like Melanie's house (Hansel & Gretel house earlier in the blog) with its stone walls. Its quite beautiful and is almost castle like.

The third photo is a close up of the Hall at Mont Royal. Warren & I sat there under the shelter and watched the rain storm pass. . .well we thought it would pass but eventually we decided to go & get food in the pouring rain.

Aucun commentaire: