dimanche, mars 05, 2006

Niagara on the Lake



This was after our Niagara Falls adventure. We drove about 10 minutes and ended up in this sleepy little town that's a lot like Leura in the Blue Mountains. It had wonderful boutique shops with home made jam & apple pie! Warren & I stopped off at the Angel Inn for lunch which was haunted by a young British soldier in the 1800s who was killed at the Inn when he was visiting his love. I must admit - there was definitely a presence or two at the Inn. It was frequented with violence & soldiers in the 1800s as the war between the British & the Americans wore on.

Here I am sitting on the Lake itself, yes - that's water underneath me. Ok its snow covered ice & water under that but technically I'm sitting in the water! Behind me is Fort Niagara in the USA.

Niagara on the Lake was used in the filming of the movie the Dead Zone. The Gazebo that Warren is standing infront of was in the movie.

Aucun commentaire: