dimanche, mars 12, 2006

Canada's National Sport




Ok - I'm becoming more of a local now because I've been to a "Canadiens" (Montreal team) Hockey match against the New York Rangers.
It was a particularly emotional night as they inducted Geoffrion into the Hall of Fame & he had died that morning from cancer. He was part of the 1950s Hockey team & all his old. . .& I mean old team mates were there to send his banner up to the Hall of Fame. Also his whole family were there - grandkids etc, so it was very emotional. It was already planned & he had hoped to be there himself but died that very morning. If you're wondering there were many spirits around - just check out the photo of the Hall of Fame with the banners!

I got free tickets from Renaud & his wife. They are French (no - real French not French Canadian) and the French goalie had just moved to the Canadiens team. He did very well & the Canadiens won 1 - 0, so they were happy. They made me cheer every time the goalie saved a goal, but I was so moved by being at a real Hockey game I didn't object.
Anyway I had an absolute blast and am most grateful to Renaud & Cartier as the tickets are normally $95 each!!! We had fantastic seats.

Aucun commentaire: