vendredi, mars 31, 2006

Goodbye & Good Luck Ginette


This is Ginette. She was my first contact in Canada and she is happily moving on to a different job. Good luck to her. Ginette was the HR Director for Nordia and we exchanged many emails before I come to Canada. She also met me at the airport even though my plane was late & it was 8pm. I remember her smiling face with a big sign saying Roe Gabriel. She also bought me a beanie, scarf & gloves so that I wouldnt get cold in the -22 degrees. Then we went out to dinner and I had my first experience with all French speaking folk in a restaurant. I didnt quite know what I ordered, and Ginette gave me my first French lesson.

She's a great lady & I wish her well because she deserves the best. The new job sounds exciting and is for a great company. It doesnt mean goodbye as I'll still visit her at her holiday cottage in the snow, but I do feel a sense of loss in that she was always someone there for me at Nordia. Times are a-changin' already. But change is a good healthy sign tha we are evolving.

Sorry for the deep & meaningful thoughts but living in a new country with many challenges to deal with, like no car, no vegemite & worse. . . no tim tams, I realise that change can be a very healthy thing. It's good to take risks sometimes because it often leads to more beautiful things!

Aucun commentaire: