jeudi, février 09, 2006

You know it's cold when. . .






. You know it's cold when. . . .there are heaters in the toilet cubicles at work
. . . .on your way to work you drive past someone's snow sculpture of a tv cabinet & seat.
. . . .when the locals build a whole Castle out of ice with ice drawers & chairs
. . . .when your toes freeze because they're the only things without thermal underwear on!

So this is my trip to Quebec City. I loved it. I caught the train and it took 2 & a half hours. For regular readers you'll know that I already visited Quebec City but didnt take many photos. So here below are some very interesting photos of the Ice Castle. Unfortunately I didnt get to visit the Ice Hotel, which is a real Hotel made of ice including the plates, the cups, the chairs, the furniture, the walls and yes even the floor & the bed are made of ice. You are equipped with a snow coocon to sleep in which is apparently very warm & very comfortable. Can you imagine drinking from a glass that is made of ice?

Anyway these photos are of the Ice Castle which is the same but smaller. That's me standing infornt of the ice stage. You can see the ice wall I'm leaning on is made of ice bricks. The snow sculpture of the tv was actually beside the road at the traffic lights on my way to work. Someone had just decided to sculpt some things out of the mountains of snow. Quebec has much more snow that Montreal and is also colder. I had a wonderful time & walked through Old Quebec which again is like the Rocks in Sydney.

Aucun commentaire: