vendredi, février 03, 2006

My trip to Ontario




This week I went to Ontario. First Kitchener (an hour out of Toronto) was my first English speaking city with no snow on the ground since I got here. It was nostalgic listening to the English language again, and seeing grass for the first time in 6 weeks was great as well.

I worked with Warren who's the Operations Manager at Kitchener & Corunna and had the most fun I've had so far in Canada. I'm meeting so many wonderful people over here. I'm making friends everywhere I go.

Gus is the Regional General Manager for the 2 centres & his family run a Greek restaurant nearby which we had a feast in. And I mean a "FEAST" Baklava & all! And mum they have your statue in the middle of the restaurant.

The beautiful water shot at the top is taken just across the road from Corunna (2 hours drive from Kitchener). . . .no I didnt drive, Warren did. The land across the water is the USA.We had lunch there because it was so warm - (about 5 degrees. . .maybe warmer!)

And then you drive down the road from that beautiful spot to the chemical plant. (The other photo.) Corunna has many of them clumped in the one spot which they call Chemical Valley, and that it is. The Corunna centre had an issue 5 years ago & some people are still affected by a chemical accident which put dangerous chemicals in the air. Very reassuring!

The hotel room in Kitchener had exactly the same apartment number as my apartment in Montreal. Spooky! Nice Hotel rooms but there was one major issue THEY HAD NO TEA FACILITIES, only coffee. I was horrified and am still trying to recover. No cuppa tea!!! What are these Canadians thinking? That's like going shopping & not buying chocolate!

Anyway below are some more piccies from my trip. When I arrived back in Montreal security was extremely heavy. I thought that was odd but wrote it off as a Canadian thing. I turned the news on when I got home & there had been a huge drug haul at the airport! hahaha. Trust me to be embroiled in the middle of some great incident and not even know it!

Aucun commentaire: