dimanche, février 19, 2006

Redecorating



Warren & I decided to skip the tour of Mont Royal seeing as it was stormy & -30. So instead we went to places like Ikea & Rona (like Bunnings) to redecorate my apartment. So here's the finished product. New piccies on the walls thanks Warren doing all the boy stuff of hooks & picture wire. And a few new plants.

So I have to tell you about Canadian politeness. Warren opens the car door for me every time & I asked if that's a Warren thing or a Canadian thing. He said its both. And its true. People open doors for you, they wait politely while you move out of their way, they let you in while driving (as I've witnessed from the passenger side) and a passer by today helped an old guy get to a cab. He was just walking down the street & when he saw an old man with a walker try to negotiate the icy footpath. He didnt stop to ask if the old guy needed help - he just helped. I'm sure the old guy was grateful. And I do like the car door being opened for me, but seeing the old guy get helped today was very heartwarming. What a lovely culture. I love Canada.

Aucun commentaire: