jeudi, décembre 15, 2005

Roe's Trip to Montreal





This is my apartment & the view from the balcony during a snowstorm.

So after missing the plane from Vancouver to Montreal because I got stuck in Immigration, I eventually made it here & went out to dinner with Ginette who's the HR manager at Nordia. The menu was in French, the street & shop signs are in French, the television is in French ( I even found an Australian cop show Water Rats that was dubbed in French,) & the food was beautiful. I even went to the supermarket where all the items are in French & English, so Kellogs Sultana Bran is actually called Deux Pelletes!! (As in Two Raisins) And Twinings English Breakfast tea is The Gout Anglias (which literally means Tea taste of English.)

Today I did the practical things you know, froze my ear & had to shower to get feeling back in it, got lost in the underground shopping, got lost in the streets (I'll take my map with me next time) & my mobile phone doesnt work, and I LOVE every minute of it. At least I found Dr Phil & Frasier on tv. . . .in English! Montreal is a beautiful city & apparently I'm in the "upmarket" section of downtown.

I have a great view from my balcony & inside my apartment. I'm on the 18th floor & there's snow on EVERYTHING. Tomorrow will be the first snow storm I'll witness so I'm looking forward to that but I'll remember to poke my ears under my hat this time.

Look at my other postings to see more photos.

Aucun commentaire: