dimanche, septembre 24, 2006

Boating


Warren's parents have a boat that the boys went fishing in. I was banned from fishing because of the bad luck I brought to the boys and the good luck I bought to the fish! The first day I got there I opened the fridge & encountered the live bait swimming around the bag. I was devastated & talked to the little fishies on death row. I said a hearty goodbye to them. Well the boys put them in the specially designed live bait bucket that you put in the water overnight so the bait is REALLY fresh. But when we all went fishing the next day - the bait fish had escaped, and I promise I had nothing to do with it but I cant say that I was all that upset that the little minnow bait fish had found their way out. Anyway we went fishing with the worms instead (well I didnt but I sat in the boat.) And then we sat. . . .and sat. . . .and sat, and not even a little nibble. I think my empathy for the fishies was getting in the way of them catching anything.

They said they throw them back but that's only after the put a bloody great hook through its mouth or side. So hence I was banned from fishing! Next day they caught some without me.

Oddly enough they bought a new bait bucket & the same thing happened to the 2nd batch of live fish. Honest I didnt touch it!!! The universe does work in mysterious ways.

P.S I'm not a vegetarian or anything - I eat fish but only when they're on my plate, I dont like hurting the little guys by fishing as a sport.

Aucun commentaire: